I need help from Ontario CBXers

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
CBXRick
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: I need help from Ontario CBXers

Post by CBXRick »

Here, hopefully , is a copy of the vintage article. I find the last paragraph most interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CBXRick
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXRick »

Not sure. I know the $800+ quote for the Yamaha for for everything and still beat my present rate of $1135!

CBXRick
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXRick »

I think it might have been only liability. Still.....I never am far away from mine and hope any accident is not my fault.
Wow! After looking at the mods you did I feel embarrassed! Still, I never had the money to upgrade is the real reason.
Did anyone see the CVMG article I scanned? Never tried adding a JPG, so maybe it got lost.

CBXRick
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXRick »

Insurance Info.jpeg
Insurance Info1.jpeg.jpeg
I'll try again with this article. I find the last paragraph the most interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

CBXRick wrote:I think it might have been only liability. Still.....I never am far away from mine and hope any accident is not my fault.
Wow! After looking at the mods you did I feel embarrassed! Still, I never had the money to upgrade is the real reason.
Did anyone see the CVMG article I scanned? Never tried adding a JPG, so maybe it got lost.
The scanned article shows up fine - thanks for sharing it!
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I just found an insurance provider called Legends Motorcycle Insurance, full coverage for the $16K (Canadian) appraised evaluation with 2 million liability coverage and $100 deductible...$315! Woo Hoo!...They say the bike is regarded as a classic and I will ride it like a grandma, I'm older retired with a good driving record I'm a very low risk. They tell me they get very few claims from classic bike owners because we treat our bikes like babies hence the low rates. $800 less than my normal my home and vehicle provider.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

swarrans
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by swarrans »

Blimey this must be the only thing that is actually cheaper in the UK than other countries - I only pay about $100 fully comprehensive insurance for my CBX.

Still, petrol (gas) is about $10 a gallon......

Simon

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

swarrans wrote:Blimey this must be the only thing that is actually cheaper in the UK than other countries - I only pay about $100 fully comprehensive insurance for my CBX.

Simon
100 dollars or pounds? if I was in paying pounds it be 150...

I filled up the tank today, $4 per gallon. It was sunny and warm the ride was fantastic! :D
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

it's not all that bad in the U.S. My CBXes each cost $34.- for six months, full coverage and gasoline was $1.96 a gallon here today. 8)

swarrans
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by swarrans »

wyly wrote:
swarrans wrote:Blimey this must be the only thing that is actually cheaper in the UK than other countries - I only pay about $100 fully comprehensive insurance for my CBX.

Simon
100 dollars or pounds? if I was in paying pounds it be 150...

I filled up the tank today, $4 per gallon. It was sunny and warm the ride was fantastic! :D
I already did the (very rough!) Conversion to Dollars - I actually paid £78 (which on reflection is more like $120 US or 160 Canadian, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story!)

Simon

swarrans
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by swarrans »

EMS wrote:it's not all that bad in the U.S. My CBXes each cost $34.- for six months, full coverage and gasoline was $1.96 a gallon here today. 8)

I lived and worked in the US for 4 years and still miss it badly! Not just the prices, but the way of life and most of all the people and friends we made....
Some people in Europe have a very distorted view of what American people are like IMHO but my experiences were almost universally positive

Simon
Sorry a bit off topic!....

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”