What did you do to your bike today?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: What did you do to your bike today?

Post by Mouse »

Today just may have been the last day I venture out on the X. 6C/45F temps, snow on the ground and sand from sanding our icy streets make riding a bit iffy. The bike has not been out for a month due to cold wet snowy weather recently and so start up took a lot of cranking but it did fire up and ran fine. The ride was a short blast down the highway to the next interchange and back. :D I'll see what next weekend is like but it might end up being time to empty the fuel tank and carbs of fuel and change the oil and filter. Thinking of rolling the bike down into the basement this year rather than leaving it in the garage over winter.
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:Today just may have been the last day I venture out on the X. 6C/45F temps, snow on the ground and sand from sanding our icy streets make riding a bit iffy. The bike has not been out for a month due to cold wet snowy weather recently and so start up took a lot of cranking but it did fire up and ran fine. The ride was a short blast down the highway to the next interchange and back. :D I'll see what next weekend is like but it might end up being time to empty the fuel tank and carbs of fuel and change the oil and filter. Thinking of rolling the bike down into the basement this year rather than leaving it in the garage over winter.
checked my weather app and it's calling for two weeks of goodish weather :dance: ...definitely going riding to my favourite coffee shop after the barista's taunting me, asking why I wasn't riding when we were knee deep in snow :x ..
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

fantastic riding weather today so that's what I did :D and I wasn't alone everyone around here knows winter will be here soon for 4-5 months so lots of bikes out today.

my 18" Boomerangs arrived from the UK this morning :dance: I did a little polishing before I went for a ride. Came back and fitted the cush drive and flange from a cb750 nighthawk...they need a good cleanup and polish but it's looking good...one rear bearing is clunky but I'll order two sets and the boomers should be as good as new. For $85 cdn($65 USD) each I think I did okay even though shipping doubled the price..winter project, new BF45's, make boomers sparkle and install GS1100 swing arm and hopefully new Ohlins on the back..

CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Your bike already looks better just having those boomies leaned up against it. :)
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

wrestled the 17yr old tires off the boomies, that was more difficult then it should've been...then two hrs sanding out the scratches/gouges off the rims slow progress but worth the effort.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

still polishing, after many hours and still only half done I kinda regret starting they looked okay as they were...went to HD today to find some polishing accessories it's only 15mins there and back but it was sunny, warm and the Z was running so so sweet...a 15 minute tool run turned into 3 hrs :roll: 8) :lol:

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

wyly wrote:still polishing, after many hours and still only half done I kinda regret starting they looked okay as they were...went to HD today to find some polishing accessories it's only 15mins there and back but it was sunny, warm and the Z was running so so sweet...a 15 minute tool run turned into 3 hrs :roll: 8) :lol:
Completely understand the 15 minutes = 3 hours! Washed my '82 the other day and took it for the obligatory 20 mile ride to dry it out, and ended up doing a 100 + mile ride. Stopped along the St. Lawrence Seaway for a pic of the X with Boldt Castle in the background. Changed the oil/filter in her, drained the carbs, and put her up for the winter.

Steve
IMG_3149.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Great picture Steve. Best Mel #1876 :auto-sportbike: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-australia:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

added some Seafoam to my tank for a carb clean and went for was most likely the last ride this season :(

I came up on an Audi A7, BMW 3 series and MazdaSpeed dicing it out...the BMW and Audi both turned off leaving me to pull alongside the tricked out MazdaSpeed at a red light, I can hear his engine rpm climb as the lights are changing :? I wasn't intending to challenge him but when the green came on and his tires squealing and burning adrenaline got the better of me :shock: damn I'm in a race! :o

he had the jump on me but I reeled him in by the time we reached the other side of the intersection, I pulled ahead when I went into 2nd but he wouldn't quit so once more into 3rd and he was getting smaller in my mirror...then up into forth and comfortably ahead moved into his lane ending the challenge...young dude in the MazdaSpeed got spanked by a dinosaur riding a dinosaur 8) :dance:

I was still smiling and hour later :D most fun I had all summer...

Last edited by wyly on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Nice finish to the season you hooligan.

CBXSUDBURY
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by CBXSUDBURY »

Way to go at spnking that Mazda, I also put my 82 away this week and had the pleasure of doing 9,000 km this year on the cbx.

Hope winter goes by real fast.
Yvon Lamarche
CBXSudbury. 1982

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I raced up with this woman in Tesla S recently. I was on my Valkyrie and i could barely pull away from her!
I was embarrassed!
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Tesla S :shock: those things are very, very quick! you could run into one that is equipped with "Ludicrous mode" and that may not turn so out well ...I value my pride and not answer that challenge just pretend to be disinterested :whistle: ...

looking up some 0-60 times of various cars, Audi A7, BMW 3 series and others it needs to be an exceptionally fast and expensive car to take on a CBX...forget about bikes like the SuperDuke or Supercharged Kawasaki that would require a Hypercar/hyper dollars ...dollar per lb it's hard for even a supercar car to beat the power to weight ratio of a superbike...

80 cbx dude #6216
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by 80 cbx dude #6216 »

Added some handle bar mounted turn signals to the X last Sunday.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

wyly wrote:Tesla S :shock: those things are very, very quick! you could run into one that is equipped with "Ludicrous mode" and that may not turn so out well ...I value my pride and not answer that challenge just pretend to be disinterested :whistle: ...

looking up some 0-60 times of various cars, Audi A7, BMW 3 series and others it needs to be an exceptionally fast and expensive car to take on a CBX...forget about bikes like the SuperDuke or Supercharged Kawasaki that would require a Hypercar/hyper dollars ...dollar per lb it's hard for even a supercar car to beat the power to weight ratio of a superbike...
Valkyrie is pretty potent bike and I'm telling you that I was struggling on it!
I don't think that she had it floored all the way but she was hauling a.. and right next to me but I thin she eventually let me go! I usually don't do these things but it was my favorite uphill road with few fast sweeping corners and I just couldn't help it
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”