What did you do to your bike today?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: What did you do to your bike today?

Post by wyly »

solving a mystery is always gratifying, thanks for doing the research I wouldn't have known where to start ... :clap:

so I have the wheels from a German limited edition CB900FD...my wheels didn't come with brake disc, sprocket or flange...I have brake discs, sprocket so no problem there but when you indicated the rarity of a 3" x18" I thought the flange might be a problem if I did't know the precise model and year... 79 cbx flange has a different parts code from the CB900...going through the parzilla parts catalogue the standard cb900 should be interchangeable with CB750 (i have a complete wheel and axle)and the 82 cbx too so I should be okay unless the 3" has an odd size flange...I'll find out when it arrives :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

checking my tire options for front- a 2.5" rim are good with the 110/90/18 all the way up to a 140/70 :think: (140? that doesn't sound right) with my stock fork setup I believe I'm already at the maximum right now at 110/90/19.

the rear 3"- I already purchased a 130/80/18 battlaxe for the stock rear but now in the future I can go to 140/70, likely need to do a swingarm conversion first.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Got all of my girls out of the garage today after about a month of sitting.
CBX started and rode well around the block.
TBS started well but front brakes are non existent
Valk didn't fire up. I think the petcock died as there is no fuel going through the filter.
Few projects for the winter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Very nice collection. Mel #1876 UK :auto-sportbike: :auto-sportbike: :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Thank you!
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

Michael Vidovic
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Michael Vidovic »

gday all
Managed to get the X out to a bike show in Malmsbury youth prison...unusual location. Amazing to see all the young offenders ogle the Harley's and Triumphs and miss the incredible engineering of the X! They fell for the chrome of the Harley's...must mean we have a generation of chromosexuals!

Also managed to go for a ride with my son on Saturday. He took the 2000 VTR while I took the X. Will try and get pictures up but it was a great experience to ride with him for the first time.
...always walk out of the room smarter than you walked in...

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Decades ago i had a Trident T160 so i have a fondness for any Triumph triple.
From the looks of those headers you have been having fun with your Thunderbird.
Nice stable, Cross.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Yes, I love those old triples! I would like to have one sometime in the future.
My TBS had blue pipes when I got it. It's been retuned a bit since. I love its engine whine and the sound of TORs!
My CBX and TBS I'm keeping forever
Thanks
Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Michael Vidovic wrote:Managed to get the X out to a bike show in Malmsbury youth prison...unusual location. Amazing to see all the young offenders ogle the Harley's and Triumphs and miss the incredible engineering of the X! They fell for the chrome of the Harley's...
They're troubled - they're not ready to appreciate the majesty of the CBX. :)

That sounds like a cool show, I hope that you had a good time.
Also managed to go for a ride with my son on Saturday. He took the 2000 VTR while I took the X. Will try and get pictures up but it was a great experience to ride with him for the first time.
That sounds amazing. I think I'm gonna have to get dirtbikes for my kids and myself, I can't wait another 15-20 years to ride with them. :lol:
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

EMS wrote:The 3.5x18 wheel is listed in the Honda parts catalog for the 1982/83 CB1100R as an option. 8)
OK, OK, I should have checked my notes before getting so excited. :lol: For some reason, I thought that your unobtanium rear wheel was 18x3".

I still have a long-term goal of scoring one of those 18x3.5" wheels for my bike, but what I've learned this week is that the 18x3" is cheap and readily available. I think I'm gonna swap from my 17" rear to an 18x3" rear when the bike gets new tires and goes back on the road, and then I'll continue keeping an ear to the ground for the mystical 18x3.5" going forward.

Thanks to all for the information and links provided about the boomies in this thread!
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Syscrush wrote: I still have a long-term goal of scoring one of those 18x3.5" wheels for my bike, ... and then I'll continue keeping an ear to the ground for the mystical 18x3.5" going forward.

Thanks to all for the information and links provided about the boomies in this thread!

Phil: You are in good company. Almost everybody in the CB1100R community is looking for one of these. 8) I actually would not mind getting another one. Don't think it will ever happen.
They just don't lie around and the guy who has it doesn't know what it is all about.

I still believe, btw, that the silver front that wyly is waiting to receive will be a 18", not a 19".

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

What are these 18x3.5 rims off of?
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

EMS wrote: I still believe, btw, that the silver front that wyly is waiting to receive will be a 18", not a 19".
it is an 18"...2.5x18, I posted that.
Originally I was looking for a gold 19" to match the rear 3x18 gold boomers I was finding. A 19' in gold for a stock ride setup but the silver 2.5 x 18" will give me more tire options.
I'm counting on my mechanic's experience in world superbike racing to dial in the suspension to an optimum level an 18' may not be the best choice for the Z, then I'll start a search for a silver 19".
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

EMS wrote:5765

It's a beauty, thanks
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Superb,like the cat flap!!!
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”