For Mel Watkins - Black 1979 CBX

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
jonathan
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re: For Mel Watkins - Black 1979 CBX

Post by jonathan »

Hi Ken
Just a quick non-CBX query...
I don't suppose you know why the UK is just about the only country into which Honda did not import the CB1100f?
I have an 1100f and several 900fs and CXs. The 1100 is Canadian which is as near as possible to a 'UK spec' as one would have been.
Many thanks
Jonathan

BiKenG

Post by BiKenG »

Good question, but my answer has to be the same as for all the other strange decisions taken by Sales Dept. i.e. I have no idea.

I suspect it was because it was felt the 1100 was too similar to the 900 and/or maybe it would have been too expensive to effectively compete in that sector of the market. But all supposition as I'm guessing.

I'll put the question to someone involved in Sales and see what they say and will let you know.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I figured they didn't bring in the 1100F because you were already getting the 1100R.
Wanna trade?

BiKenG

Post by BiKenG »

I asked a previous Head of Motorcycle Sales (Roger Etcell) why we didn't import the 1100F:-

"I can’t recall 100% now why we didn’t bring them in but I think it may have been due to high stocks of the CB900F at the time and cost"

So not totally conclusive, but is probably pretty accurate. Sales Department would be working to a different agenda from us 'enthusiasts' and had other real world priorities we would happily ignore.

Roger would quite like a CB1100F now, so if you're thinking of selling yours...

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”