2005 Sonestown, PA Rally

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

2005 Sonestown, PA Rally

Post by harvey »

Wow, I had forgotten how wonderful the roads in that area are. Jack and Nancy put together a wonderful weekend for all who attended. I know Jack is doing the write up on the rally so I will not try to tell about everything.

On Friday we rode over to Dennis' CBXMan.com store. We were allowed to really look around and browse. Of course Dennis had us test ride some of the new scooters and motorcycles he is selling. And then I had to locate a part I needed and they were kind enough to assist with the install. There is this warehouse area full of CBXs, parts and more parts. I thought I was in a kid in a candy store except this stuff didn't taste good.

The bad part to that trip is now I am trying to find the money to buy some stuff.

Dinner at the Inn with fellow CBX enthusiasts on Friday night was very enjoyable.

Saturday morning was cold--well based on the temps I am used to--but we headed out on a ride that took us up to the Wings of Eagles aviation Museum just north of Elmira, NY. Jack chose some really great roads for the ride up. I will only complain briefly about the bumpy road. Again I thank Rob and Larry for locating the cover for the fairing pocket that I lost.

Elmira also had the highest priced gas I have ever paid at 3.49 per gallon.

The ride back was also fun but with a little more open road. But still plenty of fun roads. And dinner that evening was even more enjoyable as we had a few more folks present and were able to get everyone around the table to share. Dennis made a huge contribution to cover our rally costs which allowed us to collect quite a bit of money for Katrina Relief.

As Sunday rolled around, some left early, some went on rides and Rob was able to go on a ride and then return to the Inn for one more night. Unfortunately, I chose to head home.

I tried a different route as I entered VA to avoid traffic and was moderately successful but landed on some roads I would have preferred to avoid. But good things do happen and I was flagged over to the side by a VStrom rider. It seems that he had just bought a CBX and mine was the first he had ever seen going down the road. Then when he learned that I was headed home after 4 days of riding up to and in north central PA, he was amazed that I trusted the CBX enough to ride it that far.

I gave him some info and we parted ways and I made it home a few hours later. My butt was a little sore, but my soul was happy.

Thanks to all who worked to make the rally happen, and to all who attended to make it so much fun.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Thanks Harvey for the rally info, Jack and Nancy have really stepped up their efforts for the club and we all appreciate the hard work they do for all to enjoy.

Glad the weather worked out and everyone had a good time, also thanks for making an effort to support the victims of Kitrina, we have members who have been affected by the flood.

jeff

andy #5871
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

sonestown '05

Post by andy #5871 »

Just got a chance to write and wanted to send a big "THANK YOU" to both Jack and Nancy for all the effort they put into making for such a great experiance. I had a blast riding on those roads, wish there were some closer to Cleveland. It was good to see that many CBX's out on the road and I'm looking forward to seeing seeing everyone again soon.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”