CBX Club of Australia

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Rich Pleines

CBX Club of Australia

Post by Rich Pleines »

Just paid a visit to the CBX Club Of Australia http://www.cbx6.com . I linked to it from the ICOA home page. What a nice site. They changed it since my last visit and its great. Some nice reproduction things and information on their CBX 1100 R body will be available soon!!!!!!! Good stuff.

:banana:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Rich,

I went to the Aussie site and couldn't view the new body parts. How do you get there? I could view the old parts, tail, side covers, etc.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Rick, Your wife asked that you not be allowed to view the new body parts. Something about there is no way ................ :P Actually the new stuff is not on the site yet however it's "coming soon" according to the site info. :dance:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

[quote="Rich Pleines"]Rick, Your wife asked that you not be allowed to view the new body parts. Something about there is no way ................ :P

Rich,

HA!! She bought me my first CBX and insisted that I buy the Blackbird so I'd have a "Modern and reliable" bike for our Nova Scotia trip. Think she's a "keeper"?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Rick, Does your wife have any sisters!!!!!!! :idea:

CRAZY DAVE
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by CRAZY DAVE »

Mr. Pope, Did I hear right-She bought you both bikes?????? Was this a long and drawn-out conspiracy of subliminal messages played over and over or are you just extremely lucky ?? Does she feed you Gold Star or Skyline Chili also ? If she does you are not lucky-You are in heaven!!!
Don't think of it as a motorcycle-- Think of it as a very fun 2-wheeled engine stand powered by a Japanese Slant Six !!

CRAZY DAVE
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by CRAZY DAVE »

Mr. Pope, Did I hear right-She bought you both bikes?????? Was this a long and drawn-out conspiracy of subliminal messages played over and over or are you just extremely lucky ?? Does she feed you Gold Star or Skyline Chili also ? If she does you are not lucky-You are in heaven!!!
Don't think of it as a motorcycle-- Think of it as a very fun 2-wheeled engine stand powered by a Japanese Slant Six !!

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Crazy Dave, She sounds like a "Gold Star Chili" feeding person to me. The Blackbird was the giveaway.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Rich Pleines wrote:Rick, Does your wife have any sisters!!!!!!! :idea:

Yup, 4, and nuttier than fruitcakes. I got the only sane one. If you can call her sane to put up w/ me for 30 years.
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

CRAZY DAVE wrote:Mr. Pope, Did I hear right-She bought you both bikes?????? Was this a long and drawn-out conspiracy of subliminal messages played over and over or are you just extremely lucky ?? Does she feed you Gold Star or Skyline Chili also ? If she does you are not lucky-You are in heaven!!!

She bought me the first CBX for Christmas of '91. In '01 we went to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, where I blew the seals out of a set of shocks on that bike. When we were planning our return to NS in '03, she insisted I buy the Bird so I wouldn't have to worry about the "old bike" breaking down. This is the same bike I'll take on the coast to coast run next year...........

Of course I've retuned the favors by buying her a Hawk GT abd a SV650.
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I forgot to mention that she feeds me her own chili, which is much better than either Gold Star or Skyline.
Rick Pope

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”