New CBX owner

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Hamner
New Member & Happy To Be Here

New CBX owner

Post by Hamner »

Just bought an '82, painted black metal flake :? , with 11000 miles. I rode my first 'X, 79 I think, in '86. Was a crate bike, had 14 miles on it when I took it for a spin. Been stuck in my brain ever since. I live in SE Kansas, anyone close can PM if they want to get together 8) . Well I'm off to Memphis to pick it up, trailered unfortunatly, due to weather and the fact my flabby butt hasn't sat a bike in 12 years...... :roll: , somehow I don't think that 10 hours on a stock seat would be the best way of breaking my self back in :P

Oh and yes, I will be joining ICOA as soon as my wallet heals a bit :wink:

CRAZY DAVE
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

New Owner Of Old Bike

Post by CRAZY DAVE »

Hamner, Welcome to the world of the CBX. I can tell that you do not follow the ordinary crowd. Strange though that you are smart enough not to ride a 20 something year old strange bike for 10 hours back home in the rain. Who knows, it might break down, get rained on OR you would find out that the stock seat with 20 year old foam just might feel like a cement block after 50 miles. Enjoy the bike and mostly the comradery of the club. Crazy Dave

PS. If somebody wants you to race or turbo the bike-RUN !!!
Don't think of it as a motorcycle-- Think of it as a very fun 2-wheeled engine stand powered by a Japanese Slant Six !!

Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Welcome

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

Hammer,

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of like minded (CBX enthusiasts) hanging around here. I'm in Houston, a little too far for a casual get together, but I hope to catch you at a rally sometime.

Regards, Tom

Post by Guest »

Home now, bike was as advertised :D thank god(s)(esses)(whomever is cranking). That was a LOOOONG weekend :? . However, the X is missing it's crashguards, and the petcock is leaking.....weee fun already :roll: . Don't see many rallies within 500 miles of me, hopefully that will change. Just went for my first real ride, no tag, so it was a short one 8) , but she's a sweetheart, we are gonna get along just fine :D And thank you for the warm welcome.

I was an auto/truck mechanic for 15 years, that was 12 years ago, was 15 when I started (anyone good at math?) and I still have my tools. Hopefully my skills will come back as I intend to do a few "mods" (no, no turbo, just cams, exhaust, rear shock etc).

Hamner

Post by Hamner »

Ummm that was Me above......musta logged me out for some reason :?

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”