Stamped frame number needed for import registration

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Graemesig
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Stamped frame number needed for import registration

Post by Graemesig »

I am going through the process of importing a CBX1000Z from Holland. My latest hiccup is that I need a dating certificate. I applied to VJMC for the certificate, but they say they need a photo of the frame number stamped into the frame. The plate with the frame number on it between the tank and the headstock is apparently not acceptable, since it could have been replaced. VJMC tell me that there must be a number stamped into the frame.
I know that the bike has not been restored or painted. Does anyone know where to find the stamped in number?

jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Stamped frame number needed for import registration

Post by jnnngs »

Graeme,

It's on the headstock - right hand side just above the VIN plate (for a euro bike).

Doesn't the bike have European registration papers? If so, that should be sufficient for the DVLA. If not, the UK CBX club will also do dating letters.

Paul.

Graemesig
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Stamped frame number needed for import registration

Post by Graemesig »

Thanks. Found it! mostly obscured by cables and the loom.
You are right, and I have the Dutch papers. This says that it was first registered in 1982. That means I would get an X reg. It's a Z so I would prefer it registered as manufactured in 1978 and put on a T plate. For that reason I asked for the dating certificate. I went to the VJMC as I didn't know the CBX owners club did it.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”