Shock Mounts for Pro-Link Swingarm

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
desertrefugee
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Shock Mounts for Pro-Link Swingarm

Post by desertrefugee »

Folks, I apologize in advance for begging this question. I've seen reference a couple of time to sources for shock mounts that can be welded to a ProL-Link arm, but for the life of me cannot find them now. When I need them. I picked up a nice, complete and well-preserved Pro-Link arm - with the Pro-Link bits, both shafts and the adjusters. Folks pointed me to Jim Sawtell and his JES BUILT MOTORCYCLES organization and I've ordered the bushings that allow the '79 pivot bolt to be used with this arm.

But, I still need the danged shock mounts. Should I ask Jim to machine a couple of them up (expensive) or are there better (cheaper) alternatives?

Thanks in advance for advise and again sorry for not being smart enough to find a source.

<<And, yes, I'm doing this after having just installed brass bushings in my stock '79 arm... :o :( :shock: >>>
Last edited by desertrefugee on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'86 VMax, ‘83 ZN1300-6, ‘78 GL1000, '75 750K

"The older I get, the more I understand. Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." - Anonymous

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Shock Mounts for Pro-Link Swingarm

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

If you are looking for clevis style mounts, Z1 Enterprises carries them.
https://www.z1enterprises.com/shock-mou ... minum.html

For the other style i contact JJ and/or contact J.R. Lukasik at cbxtras@gmail.com and find out the cost.
If reasonable i would be interested in a set as well.

desertrefugee
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Shock Mounts for Pro-Link Swingarm

Post by desertrefugee »

Thanks Steve. Z1 was where I’d seen them. (I remembered the price!)

I’ll be keeping my current (nice) old-style clevis type shocks even though it narrows the options later on. Mainly because the “deal” I got on the arm is being beaten up by other items being triggered!

1) Adapter bushings for ‘79 frame
2) These shock mounts
3) Chain and sprockets (needed anyway to replace originals)
'86 VMax, ‘83 ZN1300-6, ‘78 GL1000, '75 750K

"The older I get, the more I understand. Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." - Anonymous

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”