40 years of the CBX read all about it!!!!!!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

40 years of the CBX read all about it!!!!!!

Post by cbxmel »

Hi guys,

Classic Motorcycle Mechanics magazine in their June issue out today have published an excellent eight page article written by my buddy John Nutting who with another buddy of mine Gerald Davison were both at the press launch at Suzuka in November 1977 and rode two of the prototypes. Included in the article are images of John and Gerald on the track at Suzuka together with
a good selection of other images from the early days of the cbx. If you cannot obtain at your local store go to
http://www.themagazineman.co.uk fast turnaround and takes plastic and paypal.
Enjoy. Mel UK #1876 :auto-sportbike: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-australia:

ps Also,another instalment of Allen Millyards six cylinder special build. Also, part three of the Z(KZ)1300 rebuild so sixs all over the place!!
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: 40 years of the CBX read all about it!!!!!!

Post by daves79x »

Thanks Mel!!

Dave

desertrefugee
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by desertrefugee »

Jeez Mel, you should get a kickback from the publishers!

Seems that every time you plug one of these issues, you set the hook and I order one. In fact, I've taken to browsing the magazineman's offerings and have popped for a few others. It's really tough to narrow down to a single subscription, but I am seriously leaning toward Classic Motorcyle Mechanics and was even before this latest notice!

It's just as well. Once June rolls around in southern Arizona, riding becomes less frequent. It is not fun getting geared up for rides in 100F+ (38C) temperatures. So, good reading material helps.
'86 VMax, ‘83 ZN1300-6, ‘78 GL1000, '75 750K

"The older I get, the more I understand. Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." - Anonymous

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Thanks,

I have written a number of cbx related articles for the magazine over the last 30 years but they do not pay very well but not to worry! The best former editor was and is a great friend of mine Bob Berry who was at Suzuika for the launch of the cbx in November 1977 when editor of MCN. He very kindly gave me his collection of photgraphs when he retired to Portugal which included quite number of the early cbx all in glorious black and white!! The magazine man Brian Hardy is another buddy of mine. He will always go the extra mile to please his customers.

all the best Mel #1876 :auto-sportbike: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-australia:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Got mine. Thank you, Mel.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

chrispyduck
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by chrispyduck »

I am pleased to say I am the proud owner of this bike after spending ages searching for the right one.
I posted a couple of weeks back when i first bought under the New Forum Section (New member from the UK) where we managed to generate a lot of interest especially in respect to the originality of the bike; i posted some pics there.

I have been in touch with Gerald Davison who went through the provinence and confirmed its history, he said the pics were taken for Bike magazine last year and never used so CMCM used them for this latest June edition.

Lovely bike and really nice to own this one !!!!!

desertrefugee
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by desertrefugee »

Most excellent. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love a few photos if it wouldn't be too much trouble.
'86 VMax, ‘83 ZN1300-6, ‘78 GL1000, '75 750K

"The older I get, the more I understand. Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." - Anonymous

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”