Aftermarket oil cooler

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Aftermarket oil cooler

Post by Syscrush »

desertrefugee wrote:Pretty much what I figured. Fabrication - some assembly required. Thanks for the rundown. Too bad Honda didn't use a standard fitting.
Others have used hose clamp over the barb left on the stock fitting after careful removal of the stock lines:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5550&start=15#p56456
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

jerry smith
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jerry smith »

Just curious. Has anyone had trouble with their bikes overheating? I've been vintage racing a '75 and a '78 kawasaki Z1 with 5 row oil coolers and sometimes get held up on pregrid for 5-10 min on hot days with no issues. Afraid to stop it without a roller starter handy. Has a 1075 kit,headwork etc but never seems to do anything worriesome. Wondered why a stock bike would have a problem.Cool is always better for sure.
Jerry

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

You just can't let these bikes sit and idle, especially on hot days. City stop-and-go traffic is a killer. Don't do it.

Dave

patzx12
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by patzx12 »

I am going to look at replacing the hoses on my Proling when I do my next service.
I dont have issues with the stock cooler, in August 17 I was in the South of France sitting in 35c traffic for an hour at a time and the bike was running ok without issues of pinking.
I will look at machining up some adaptors to allow use of stock fittings.
I would like to reduce the outside diameter of the hoses to allow more room when routing them.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Get a new set from Tevan here.

Dave

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

patzx12 wrote:I am going to look at replacing the hoses on my Proling when I do my next service.
I dont have issues with the stock cooler, in August 17 I was in the South of France sitting in 35c traffic for an hour at a time and the bike was running ok without issues of pinking.
I will look at machining up some adaptors to allow use of stock fittings.
I would like to reduce the outside diameter of the hoses to allow more room when routing them.

Yes I make new ones. Message me if interested.. pm sent

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”