Tim's CBX... CLOSED?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
dvb
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Tim's CBX... CLOSED?

Post by dvb »

Is Tims cbx parts closed permanently? I phone answers message says hours open leave a message. Does anybody know whats going on?
I need parts!!!

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Tim's CBX... CLOSED?

Post by Z Grand »

Don't know specifically, but they may just not have power.
Many places here in Georgia still have no power after Hurricane Irma.
Last edited by Z Grand on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Not sure but I think they are in GA and perhaps the Hurricane Irma has caused them to shut down for a few days.

Website is working and normally when a business fails the website is taken down very quickly.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

dvb

Post by dvb »

I talked to Louis yesterday (he is ok in Florida) and he thought he would be back open as soon as he clears all the downed trees around him blocking streets. Hope all goes well for Bill. Thanks for your feed back

letxbruce
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by letxbruce »

Bill at Tim's CBX is now up and running; he just got his power back. He said the Post Office is still out. He said he is one hour north of Atlanta where the mountains start, how the hell did we get hit by a friggen hurricane?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Didn't you watch the news last week? 'Right here' must be somewhere that you either don't get the news or don't care to.

Dave

rpleines
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by rpleines »

daves79x wrote:Didn't you watch the news last week? 'Right here' must be somewhere that you either don't get the news or don't care to.

Dave
I watch the news every night and read the paper everyday. I am in also in contact with business associates in Atlanta just about everyday and I had no idea Georgia was hit that hard. Rich
Rich Pleines

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Sorry Rich, I didn't realize you were also 'letxbruce' from 'right here'. But I guess I still thought it was national news that the hurricane was still a Cat 1 the whole way through Georgia. And Bill was on the 'dirty' side of the storm. Anyway, it was a rather rude comment. Sorry again.

Dave

rpleines
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by rpleines »

Dave, I'm not also "letxbruce" on this site. I just wanted "letxbruce" to know he was not the only one who was not aware of the impact on Georgia. No offence taken by your comment nor intended by mine. I saw coverage of the flooding in Savannah and that was about it for Georgia. Just about everything I saw and read was about the impact on the Caribbean, the Keys and Florida. Rich
Rich Pleines

dvb

Post by dvb »

I’m up here in Wisconsin and all we got on the radio and TV was that as soon as the hurricane moved through northern Florida it was down graded to a Tropical storm. Who would have known that there would be so much damage to Georgia and not a word about it up here. I guess just because its not in the news doesn’t mean everything is alight.

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

I'm about 40 miles east of Atlanta. We had 50 mile per hour winds and heavy rain for about 24 hours. We were fortunate that our power went out for only about 25 hours. Many were without power for 3 or 4 days. I have right at $5,000 worth of tree damage on my property. Thank goodness there was no major flooding in north or central Georgia.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I've been in touch with Tom Niemeyer lately. He and his wife are fine, their house sits on a hill near Houston. But, he's busy helping family, who weren't as fortunate, clean up. Big man with a big heart.

I don't watch national news, and the local (Cincinnati) stations only focused on the hardest hit. No mention of Georgia, Alabama, Miss. Drama sells advertising................
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

The eye went over us in Florida and we no damage what so ever. Power was out for a few days, but have whole house generator. We left before the storm and headed to northern Ga and we had no damage at all there as well and still had power. There was not any wind to worry about sat on the porch and watched it rain a little. Bill had no damage at all, but power was out thru out his area for a few days. He lives about 1 1/2 east of me on the other side of the mountains.

Now plenty of places got torn down and flooded and i feel for those people for sure. I guess that is what we pay for wearing shorts year round. There is no perfect place that could live or should i say afford to live there.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Good to hear, Louis. Thanks for the update. Keep your powder dry!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Glad to hear that the site members we have heard from made it through the storm relatively unscathed.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”