Tips for scuffed chrome exhaust ^.^?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tips for scuffed chrome exhaust ^.^?

Post by RJ CB650 »

Whoops.... With the bike running great and all back together, went for a ride a friend through some twistie roadways we liked. Anyways, one turn had a bump, and the MAC 6-2, scraped the weld right at the header. I was thinking give it a light sand at the scrape and good chemical clean, then a spot fix with a primer, silver and a clear exhaust sealer to keep bad rust from forming. How will that do or anybody have a better tip? Is new exhaust.

It had a beat up MAC system before and it got replaced by insurance. Difference was I mounted the new ones correctly vs the incorrect old mounting meaning they were small bit lower instead of pressed against the oil cooler lines. Oh well, stuff happens when you ride. Least I get my other bike back tomorrow so I dont need to daily ride the CBX.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Tips for scuffed chrome exhaust ^.^?

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Sounds to me like a plan, RJ. Don't know any 'spot chroming' process. Besides, anyone down that low to see it probably needs to sleep one off, anyhow, eh! Happy Trails,
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”