Who's going to Mid Ohio for Vintage Days?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Who's going to Mid Ohio for Vintage Days?

Post by Syscrush »

Last year with a new baby at home it really didn't work for me to get to this. This year, I'd really like to do it if I can. I'm assuming that there will be some kind of CBX contingent there. It's scheduled for July 8-10. They don't do weather forecasts this far out, but every single time I've gone to Mid-Ohio it's rained, so I'll be bringing my wet weather gear for sure. :-)

More info here.

I've never done this event before - is there some kind of show & shine? I know that there's the swap meet, and I've seen lots of cool photos from people who've gone in the past, but it's not clear to me if there's some kind of show area or if people just park their cool bikes where others can see 'em.

So, who's going to this? What's the scene like? Has Lexington, OH ever had 3 days of sun in a row? :lol:
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Who's going to Mid Ohio for Vintage Days?

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I hear you on the rain thing, Phil. I do recall one clear weekend somewhere during the past century. The past several years we have had no formal presence. Typically, have been given the use of the Honda pavilion for the club during the event. It's very informal. Serves as a gathering place. No plans have been made, yet, for this year. I do know two guys with plans (and reservations) to be there. (That would be me and John Flake. Staying at Motel 6 in Mansfield.)

As further, more defined club plans, are made, we'll have them posted in the 2016 Rally Topic. Look forward to seeing/meeting you there.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Thanks. I really hope I can make it.
Phil in Toronto
Pics of Perry, my '79.

bdento59
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bdento59 »

I'm planning to be there in 2016. I say that every year and usually average once every 3 years, so I'm due!!
Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton@verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC
We Breathe New Life into Old Bikes

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Would be great to meet/see you all there! Now, to hope for a 3-days drought!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Larry Zimmer wrote:Would be great to meet/see you all there! Now, to hope for a 3-days drought!
How about 5 days so we can cover the travel, too? If you're gonna dream, dream big!

I talked to my wife about it, and she wants to ride down on her Ducati. If we can rope my folks into watching our little guy for the better part of a week, we'll definitely do this. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Phil in Toronto
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Let's HOPE, Phil. There are some nice roads for casual riding in the area if the event becomes a bit boring. Nothing special, such as the 'mountain' area to the South. But, some good back-road stuff for just a couple hours sight-seeing. I wait for the weather forecast a couple days before the event to decide whether to ride or 4-wheel. (The ride from Michigan to Mansfield is BORING. So, no 'inspiration' if it looks like much rain.)
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”