Heated Grips

george g
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Heated Grips

Post by george g »

I finally got around to installing and trying out the Oxford Hothands OF694 that I purchased almost a year ago. You can see them here: http://www.oxprod.com/.

These wrap around your existing grips and secure in place with velcro. The wiring is simple - to install properly you need to remove the seat and tank. I mounted the switch on the right handle bar which, unfortunately, has only two positions: off and on. However, once turned on my hands began to feel the heat within five seconds (really), I was not wearing gloves at the time since the temperature was about 25 celcius. They should be good enough to take the edge off when the temps get really low.

I'll update this topic once I have had a chance to use them in colder weather, with gloves on.
Later!

George.

Post by Guest »

Hello George,

Can these heaters be removed easily, and how much was the cost to get it to you?

thanks

brian

george g
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by george g »

Brian,

Yes, they do remove easily. Separate the velcro, then unplug the lead coming from the hand-warmer from the main line that runs back to the battery.

I haven't been on a long trip with them yet, but I wonder if they will absorb some of the shocks / vibrations and make for less stress on the hands? May be worthwhile leaving them on all the time...

I purchased mine at a local shop (I think about $70 Cdn).
Later!

George.

george g
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by george g »

I had an opportunity to test the heated grips this weekend while on a trip to Pennsylvania and they do work well. We left on Saturday morning at six AM and it was a little cool as we drove through Toronto. You feel the heat through gloves within 30 seconds. The only fault I found is that there is no "medium" setting, so when it gets too hot you can either turn them off or lift your hands off the grips for a couple of seconds (hold on with finger tips).
Later!

George.

Return to “RIDER GEAR: Boots, Gloves, Helmets, Jackets, Leathers, Rainsuits, Textile Suits”