resleving rear master cylinder in Oz

Moz
New Member & Happy To Be Here

resleving rear master cylinder in Oz

Post by Moz »

Hi all, does anyone in Oz know if the rear m/c can be re sleeved. Just went to the local brake centre and they said the 14mm bore is too small.

Cheers Moz

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Hello & welcome Moz.... :thumupp:
J-B Weld & drill/ream it back to 18mm may be a "possible" route to go. Prep it well prior & clean with acetone to give a good base :idea:
ICOA # 656

Moz

Post by Moz »

alimey4u2 wrote:Hello & welcome Moz.... :thumupp:
J-B Weld & drill/ream it back to 18mm may be a "possible" route to go. Prep it well prior & clean with acetone to give a good base :idea:
Thanks for that, who are J-B and are they in Oz?

Cheers

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I'm sure you can get it shipped. Use the "orignal" stuff it's far better then the newer fast cure "Kwik" version.

http://www.jbweld.net/faq.php
ICOA # 656

Moz

Post by Moz »

alimey4u2 wrote:I'm sure you can get it shipped. Use the "orignal" stuff it's far better then the newer fast cure "Kwik" version.

http://www.jbweld.net/faq.php
Sounds pretty incredible stuff regardless. I will see if it's available out here otherwise I have relo's in Bordon how can post.

Cheers Moz

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I was quite reluctant to use J-B Weld. With the packaging making such outrageous claims, it had to be junk, right?

Well, I followed the instructions of an older-but-wiser CBXer (Dave Ditner) and used it to repair a wheel caliper piston that was badly pitted. That was back in about '95. It's still on the bike, working just fine.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

One of the key things with JB Weld is temperature curing. If you can put the part in an oven and cure it at 180 degrees for 5-6 hours it improves the bond significantly.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

EMS wrote:One of the key things with JB Weld is temperature curing. If you can put the part in an oven and cure it at 180 degrees for 5-6 hours it improves the bond significantly.

Andddddd then....there are those non approved uses :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :suspect:

Issue
Aprilia Capo and 916 stock mufflers with holes where the small brackets to hold the mufflers together were removed

Fix
Mixed JB Weld with steel wool.....stuffed a bit in each hole...waited the specified time for it to dry....started the bike and let it idle for ten minutes. That was 24,000 miles ago...worked great. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Return to “BRAKES: Calipers, Pads, Lines, Rotors, Upgrades & Fixes”