New Brakes

DevonCbx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

New Brakes

Post by DevonCbx »

I presently have the complete brake system off. Being a 79 system, is it nessesary to take everything apart to inspect<
Thanks

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New Brakes

Post by EMS »

DevonCbx wrote:Being a 79 system, is it nessesary to take everything apart to inspect<
Thanks
Are you concerned because of the design (79 vs others :? ) or just because it is that old :?:
If you have it off, it probably would be a good idea to take it apart and clean it thoroughly. If this has never been done, you will be surprised about how much grud you will find in the master cylinder and in the calipers.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Devon, as Mike said it's a good idea to have a look around to clean & check pieces. Don't forget, unless it's DOT 5, the brake fluid is harmful to paint finishes, even old paint finishes..... :?
Don't mix parts up, make sure if you disassemble units, the mating parts go back to the same unit.... ( left hand & right hand caliper components for example)
They have lived together happily for 27 years & have got used to each other.... boy I wish I had applied that to my life..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Return to “BRAKES: Calipers, Pads, Lines, Rotors, Upgrades & Fixes”