Give Me A Brake..........This Could Save Your Life

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Give Me A Brake..........This Could Save Your Life

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

hi all:

one way i have found over the years to improve cbx braking ...esp early models ...is to use "both brakes and apply the back one just a tad before the fronts ....but mash back pretty hard once both brakes are being applied."

above esp applies to the cbx and should be used in good weather conditions/ braking in a straight line

>>>>

a few years ago we had a brake contest at marlinton where i blabbbbbbed before the rally that i could stop faster with just the back cbx brake that any competitor could with just the fronts.

rick pope took me up and we gave it a try and ofcourse it wasnt close.... butttttt using backs and fronts both as described proved to reduce the stopping distances far shorter than using just the front or the back....which was the point of the contest from the get go really

>>>>

so there you go...........dont wannna ride through the item in the road in an emergency stop then try "using both brakes and apply the back one just a tad before the fronts ....but mash back pretty hard once both brakes are being applied"

practice this ahead of time on clear secondary road/staightaway by spotting up on a item in the road in the distance..........do first attempts at say 45 mph then move up.

also .......dont worry about shifting gears or anything else........keep it simple and concentrate on just doing the braking as desc great vs 242 other items

report back to us on your results

best

mike

btw.........there is a neat brake hardware article in the upcoming xpress. thx jp

Return to “BRAKES: Calipers, Pads, Lines, Rotors, Upgrades & Fixes”