Clock face and needles etc

Companies or individuals that provide parts/accessories/services for our CBXs.

dkcape
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by dkcape »

Am new here and hope will get some info on where to buy these.1)All 3 clock faces and needles.(Have tried to get hold of Nippon Seiki who made these in Japan,with no joy) 2)The 6 plastics on the clock top.eg oil etc 3) New hande bar switchs or the buttons only.eg kill,starter and hooter. 4)Indicators(I know Taiwan makes them,as they were being imported into SA.Due to our weak Rand,they are not bringing them in) Need for 20 bikes as i rebuild them here in Cape Town.
Last edited by dkcape on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Clock face and needles etc

Post by NobleHops »

dkcape wrote:Am new here and hope will get some info on where to buy these.1)All 3 clock faces and needles.(Have tried to get hold of Nippon Seiki who made these in Japan,with no joy) 2)The 6 plastics on the clock top.eg oil etc 3) New hande bar switchs or the buttons only.eg kill,starter and hooter. 4)Indicators(I know Taiwan makes them,as they wre being imported into SA) Need for 20 bikes as i rebuild them here in Cape Town.
Greetings and welcome!

The faces on the gauges have been reproduced by a few folks including Tim's CBX and also Pistol Petes. You can send them to them to refurbish or purchase the parts.

http://www.timscbx.com

http://www.oldwings.com/

Needles? Hopefully you don't need one, but speak to Pete for that.

Louis Mintrone of http://www.usedcbxparts.com will have your bezel lenses.

Handlebar switches (non-sport kit, with the cable exit below the switch) have been reproduced, the best source is our own member Phil Taber here, aka FallDownPhil. Send him a private message and he will hook you up.

Turnsignal shells were reproduced, are for sale on eBay and also at 6center in Holland. Whatever you do don't throw away the innards of what you may have. You need those.

Check out this page: http://www.cbxclub.com/resources

and also this post, just a few above your own: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6370

This was out of date just as quickly as I posted it, but it's a good start.

Welcome!

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Good of you to dig up all those sources, Nils. BTW, just noticed Tucson, AZ. Are you traveling or did you move?

Dave

dkcape

Post by dkcape »

Thank you NobleHops for all that info.I will get hold of them.So it seams that one is not able to get clock faces from Nippon,as am told by that they still have new clocks,except for the volt meter.What i have been doing is having a graphics shop make the face.Since all the needles are broken,i use needles from damaged bikes(mainly chinese bikes).Then i remove the broken needle and stick the good needle on.
What i still would like to find is where the 6 plastic lenses for the oil etc were made. And also the indicators being made in Taiwan? Does any one know?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Those plastic lenses are gold these days, especially very good ones. The reproduction signal housings Six Center sells are just excellent. TIMS also sells complete reproduction signals, although just in the 2-wire variety.

Dave

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Note I split this topic so as to not hijack the original any further.

DK, welcome. I traded some email with Pete of oldwings.com and he does indeed also do the voltmeter and supply needles so you may be able to get everything you need from him.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

dkcape

Post by dkcape »

NobleHops wrote:Note I split this topic so as to not hijack the original any further.

DK, welcome. I traded some email with Pete of oldwings.com and he does indeed also do the voltmeter and supply needles so you may be able to get everything you need from him.
I contacted Pete of oldwings.com and he is not able to supply the face alone.He requires the complete clock or clocks.So i will continue the search.

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

I received a set of gauges redone by Pistol Pete today. I'm happy with it.
Very professionally done, great turnaround time and I
appreciated the way he packed them. First class job all around .
I recommend his work.
JP

Return to “CBX Parts & Accessory Suppliers, Dealerships, Mechanics, OEM Parts, Speciality CBX Shops”