rear brake light

Ask questions about how the Forums work. (Please read FAQ in header/top of this page first)
Larry G.
New Member & Happy To Be Here

rear brake light

Post by Larry G. »

I just reassembled my 79 cbx after a tear down to the frame which i had powder coated. All my lights, horn and everything works except my brake light. Neither front or rear brakes will make the brake light come on. Ground from engine to frame is good. Any thoughts that might help? Also they both worked before the tear down and the light bulbs are good.

Russ
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: rear brake light

Post by Russ »

Try the block connector under the light, the spades can get shoved out and not make contact. Failing that take the back of the housing off and have a look, looks like you have a fault that is common to both switches so connector or housing looks a good bet. Have you tried to short the wires at each switch together to eliminate them?

Larry G.

Post by Larry G. »

Russ turns out the ground wire was broken where it connects to the spade in the connector but the insulation was intact and hiding the break. Took me a while to finally see the problem! It was working part of the time losing good contact.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Happy endings!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Help Desk Questions for Using Forum”