18" wheels on '81

rancheroxl@yahoo.com

18" wheels on '81

Post by rancheroxl@yahoo.com »

Has anyone out there ever done this? Does it help the handling? I thought I questioned this earlier, but can't find it. Craig

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

is smaller better????????/

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

hi craig

i will give it a go with what i know first hand with an 18" on the front of a cbx and a 17" rim on the back

>>>>

smaller rims (18" on front and 17" on back) will help the cbx turn in and come back up be faster

smaller wider rims (18" x 3.0" =110 tire on front....and.... 17"x 4.5"/5.0" = 160 tire on back) will make x turn in and back up be far more predictable and stable

>>>>

just converting the rims to 18" or per you q will get you part way there....after this if you have an early model and like to ride fast you need to can the 35mm forks and replace them with 39mm

basically an 1100f front and back replacement (kosman widened rear rim to 4.5 or 5.0 inches will solve most if not all early model problems. frame gussetting and a steering damper are a plus but all of this without replacing the 35mm tubes wont get you where you want

>>>>

if you want to see what this looks like on a cbx.......check the dawgie out...sorry in advance this is not a show bike for sureeeeeeee ....but doesnt do too bad in the turns and tights stuff in the mtns here in the east

go here photoisland.com

password and id are mabarone cbx

>>>>

e me on any further q....... team222@paonline.com

mike

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”