Engine Guard mounted foot rest/pegs

Jeff Dean
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Engine Guard mounted foot rest/pegs

Post by Jeff Dean »

Xer's, My late model X has a 3 piece (optional) HONDALINE engine guard. AKA "cash bar". (Hope I never need it for that! )

Question: I'm looking for a set of footrest/pegs to fit them. The diameter is larger than stock. It measures 1.125'' (1 1/8") It appears most bar mounted pegs I see FOR THAT SIZE bar are marked "live free or die", or "V-Twin", or some similar H-D related lingo. (the only harley item I ever owned was a pair of harley jeans, comfortable, but they wore out quickly :oops: ) Has anybody with the 3 piece bar mounted a set w/o that crap on them ?? JJD

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Jeff, I hate to say it however J.C Whitney has what you are looking for . I think they cost $15.99 or something like that. They are plain, mount perfectly around the crash bars and look good. On top of that they work. Need more info let me know. P.S It may say for 1" bars but they fit.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I have a nice set of pegs that I attached on my crash bars after my crash last year (on a different bike) because I couldn't bend the knee enough to get it onto the stock pegs. The bars and the peg setup however looked like crapola on a nekkid 79 in my opinion so they're sitting in a box somewhere. I'll check to see what brand they are when I get home.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”