Jack Dash Estate Auction - 180+ Vintage bikes must go!!

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

The highest seller at the auction were a couple Indian Chiefs. When I was there on Thursday, there was a guy down on his hands and knees with a clipboard and an inspection mirror by one of the Indians. He wasn't going to bid on a pig in a poke.

The rest had a lot of suspicion. There were an awful lot of bikes with no paperwork.

And I really blew it on the Jawa speedway bikes. I could have had one for a little over 2 grand. I would probably never even start it. Either leave it original or polish it. One of those is like having an old wire wheeled Indy Car. They represent an era, in this case not over yet.

When I talked to the "owner" of the CBX, I knew it smelled funny. He had supposedly paid $500 to get the carbs cleaned, rebuilt, and synchronized. When he installed them, they had inter-carb leaks. How do you synchronize off the bike? I thought that was done running.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Will wrote:The highest seller at the auction were a couple Indian Chiefs. When I was there on Thursday, there was a guy down on his hands and knees with a clipboard and an inspection mirror by one of the Indians. He wasn't going to bid on a pig in a poke.

The rest had a lot of suspicion. There were an awful lot of bikes with no paperwork.

And I really blew it on the Jawa speedway bikes. I could have had one for a little over 2 grand. I would probably never even start it. Either leave it original or polish it. One of those is like having an old wire wheeled Indy Car. They represent an era, in this case not over yet.

When I talked to the "owner" of the CBX, I knew it smelled funny. He had supposedly paid $500 to get the carbs cleaned, rebuilt, and synchronized. When he installed them, they had inter-carb leaks. How do you synchronize off the bike? I thought that was done running.
Buttttttt.. isn't this what the Cash for Clunkers program is all about?
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Will, i talked to a guy with a LOW mileage '79. Was that you?
The bidding on the very rough Indian tank that went to $900 because of the badges made my jaw drop.
The chrome Trackmaster frames for the Trident and Norton were absolute beauties. The welds were jewel-like.
Any idea what the '82 Kat went for?

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

No, we didn't meet. We did meet up at the Toronto show a few years ago.

I did meet Brad at the auction. He was wearing an ICOA shirt.

I left shortly after the JAWAs went. I had no intention to actually buy anything, unless that rare deal popped up that I could afford.

I was thought the street registered XR750 Harley went too low, $10,000. Those are really rare motorcycles, especially since they were never, ever made for the street.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”