removal of fairing on '81

JohnK
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

removal of fairing on '81

Post by JohnK »

Can someone tell me the size of the mounts I would need and the honda's they were on to buy so that I can mount a headlight after removing my fairing? I'm looking at ebay to purchase the mounting ears that go on the forks and the headlight bucket that would be the right size. There are a couple of mounts for a 1978 750F, would they fit?
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Headlight

Post by EMS »

If my memory serves me right, the CBX headlight was unique and extraordinary big. While most other CBs had 7 inchers the CBX light is 8".

So, if you would go with the original brackets, any other light may not fit. But you can always use aftermarket clamp-type brackets or the "fork cover" -type headlight ears from any other 39mm fork. Have to be long enough to fit between the triple tree with rings and dampers, though

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

CBX headlite lens diameter......

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,

The early CBX's used a 7" headlite,I used two extra motorcycle lens assemblies in my '67 Barracuda to utilize the removable bulbs and one was an extra I had from my '79(still got 2 extra lenses just in case!).I think you may be referring to Suzuki,some of their bikes used to use a 8" beam assembly.

Have fun in Europe & a safe trip! 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Headlight

Post by EMS »

Darn, I never took a tape measure to the headlight, but I always thought the lamp on my 79 CBX was bigger than the one on the CB Fours. And I know that the bikini fairings for a nominal 7" headlight will not fit the CBX.

Wonder where that optical illusion comes from. Inhaling too much 2-stroke fumes, I guess....

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”