naked CBX

JohnK
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

naked CBX

Post by JohnK »

Hello,

I had such good luck with my windshield question, maybe I could try another. I don't mean to be sacrilegious, but is there a kit to mount the headlight after removing the fairing on my '81? I have seen pictures of what is called a "naked CBX" and it sorta intrigues me. Does anyone know what is involved with this?

John Kowalke
Indianapolis
Jkowalke@comcast.net
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Naked Rocketman OOPS CBX

Post by Tom Whaley »

John K.

Once you loose that candy ass fairing and thirty ugly pounds just buy a early model headlight mount and headlight of your choice and you are in business :lol: You can hide the wiring plugs inside of the frame above the coils. :flame:
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

"candy ass fairing and thirty ugly pounds" hehehe, you tell em Rocketman :!: :!: :!:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Headlight Brackets

Post by EMS »

Does the Pro-Link triple tree bracket have the holes to take the early headlight bracket? :? And hiding the wire harness, including the unsightly plastic connector box seems to be quite a challenge. :roll: It is probably easier to trade the Prolink model for a 79 or 80 to get a "naked CBX" :?:

Jeff Dean #4112

Post by Jeff Dean #4112 »

Yes, the late model DOES have the holes in the lower tree for the early model headlite bracket.
I removed the plastic housing encasing the wire connectors.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”