What's the Problem?

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

What's the Problem?

Post by Carl »

Took a ride today from Monroe to Queens. Down the Palisades Pkwy the bike ran beautiful. As soon as I croosed over the GW Bridge I fell into wall to wall traffic. Was about 82 deg today. After spending some time in the traffic the bike started to act up. Did'nt want to idle properly. Cut out a few times. I pulled over and let it cool down for approx 30 minutes. Made it out to Queens OK. On my way back I encountered more traffic and bike started to act up again. When I got on Palisades it was smooth sailing again with no traffic. I also noticed that when bike was hot it would lurch a little with the clutch engaged. Never experienced this before. What should I be looking for?
Thanks everyone........
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

cut it out!

Post by sr71cbx »

Carl,
Sounds like you could possibly have a heat-induced resistance problem with your ignition system that has decided to rear its ugly head when heated up in traffic(ECCH! :evil: ).Also,look into your float needles,the little springs inside them can cause carb flooding if they get sacked out and raise your float level.
Any other ideas,guys?Don't forget sparkplugs....... :) 8)

busaboy
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by busaboy »

Sounds like it's overheating and almost seizing, to me!
Eric

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Hope you're running synthetic oil,if not,start.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”