Gasoline

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Gasoline

Post by EMS »

I can see it coming :!: Pretty soon, we are starting a poll about the best gas to use :roll: Why not asking what air to put in the tires :?: Myself, I prefer Northeast Ohio air in the front, it has the perfect mixture of approx 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, some 3% Water (H2O), 1% Argon, only about 0.04% Carbon Dioxide and just the right traces of Neon, Helium, Methane, free Hydrogen, Nitrous Oxide and Ozone. As this makes more than 100%, my front tire is self compensating against any pressure losses. Now for the rear, it is a totally different story. due to my preference to underinflate the tire to only about 36PSI, which we have learned in earlier postings, I have to go to the U.P. in Michigan to get some of that cool air from around Lake Superior in order to prevent overheating... :D

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Gasoline........

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,
Do we detect a wee bit o'sarcasm there concerning tire pressures? :D As far as gasoline,both my CBX's subsist quite well on pump gas,although the turbo really loves VP16 racing fuel............ 8)

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

Mark the best fuel I ever used in a turbo was sunoco pro mod fuel. It is set up to burn with nitrous and the burn rate is excellent for boost only. It is a very high octane fuel and dry. Hold on to your wallet though last I bought was 9 bucks a gallon. We ran probably higher boost than you would on the street and it may not be needed.We usually ran 35 pounds of boost and nitrous. Just thought you might like to try it someday.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

35 psi.........!!!!!!!!

Post by sr71cbx »

cbxchris,
That could be severely detrimental to tire life............... :D It'd be a gas though!!!!! 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Gasoline

Post by EMS »

You guys crack me up :D And here I thought, I was kidding... :roll:

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

I still have the original Japanese air from my 79,just recycle it.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Air in Tires

Post by EMS »

Wow, Ripper! :shock: Original 79 Japanese air. Are you interested in selling that :?: Have you considered ebay :idea: Maybe I should give Louis a call to get some for myself :roll: :D

chevok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

air???

Post by chevok »

Well, being in South Texas, there's plenty of pollution, salt, and other contaminants in the air here.... wonder if I can find 'bottled air' but then again, if I use helium would that help balance out that beast of the 30 pound fairing?????
Ken Brown--Have bike, will ride....

pawak

air

Post by pawak »

And my Wife say's I'm to silly, this is to much even for me ! LMAO

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Air

Post by EMS »

That's the spirit, guys! :D Now, if we get all the experts together, maybe we can come up with the ultimate mixture. :idea: I already see David and the KZ1300 club green of envy, because we have the better air for our CBX tires :wink:

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”