No Spark after carb CBX rebuild

Philiom
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

No Spark after carb CBX rebuild

Post by Philiom »

I refitted the carbs yesterday after a seal rebuild and tried to fire her up this morning, nothing happened!
I checked all connections again and all seemed OK, took a spark plug out and there was no spark, thought it may be the kill switch so checked the wiring diagram and found out there is a black/white wire coming from the kill switch to the brown connector above spark unit, at the connector I am getting 12.4 V DC, this wire then goes to the spark unit, I have rechecked all connections in relation to swinging the engine down to remove and re-furb the carbs, I have checked the coil connections as they are close to the carb cables but still no sparks, I have checked pots 1,2+ 6 for spark but nothing, I am getting 12.4 Volts at the coils, is there any thing else I can try? I would welcome your comments.

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: No Spark after carb CBX rebuild

Post by whatscooking »

Ground

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: No Spark after carb CBX rebuild

Post by daves79x »

My guess is you pinched the main wiring harness where it goes under the frame at the top right front of the air chamber. It Is very easy to do and you won't have been the first to do it.

Dave

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”