Fairing worth keeping?

biot
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Fairing worth keeping?

Post by biot »

Hi all,

I'm planning to turn my '81 into a naked bike, i.e. removing the fairing and replacing the various bits that attach to it.

I wonder if the fairing is worth keeping though. It seems to me a lot of folks are doing exactly this to their '81s, and as a result there are quite a few unsold fairings on ebay. Mine has some (repairable) damage, so it wouldn't be worth much. I assume it would be a real pain to ship anyway, with the awkward size.

So is it worth keeping or selling? Or do people generally just throw these out?

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Fairing worth keeping?

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

As you stated shipping costs of something that large and heavy would be high.
Maybe you could post it on your local buy and sell for free. Somebody nearby might want to practice their bodywork skills.
IF you are going to bin it i would keep all the mounting hardware, covers and wiring.

Michael Vidovic
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Michael Vidovic »

From a practical point of view I would suggest store it somewhere in case you ever sell the bike so the new owner can return it to original. I just hate throwing things away and later saying 'if only'.
...always walk out of the room smarter than you walked in...

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Michael Vidovic wrote:From a practical point of view I would suggest store it somewhere in case you ever sell the bike so the new owner can return it to original. I just hate throwing things away and later saying 'if only'.
yup...if only I hadn't trashed the entire '74 rd350 instead of just keeping a few choice parts :( ...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”