centerstand mount

sparkybr74mr
New Member & Happy To Be Here

centerstand mount

Post by sparkybr74mr »

Ok, just received my centerstand, I have installed it on the bike, but I am unsure of where the half moon mount goes on the bike. I have looked at the official Honda manual, but it does not have any illustrations on where this mount is. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: centerstand mount

Post by NobleHops »

Here you go:

Hope that helps :-).
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

sparkybr74mr

Post by sparkybr74mr »

I cannot see where the tab mounts to, looks like yours is a 79 model, I should have been more specific as I know that there seem to be a difference in stands. Mine is an 81 CBX stand and the only thing i can see is a pin just above the tube, but the pin seems to be welded in place. It seems like the spring would likely hook up to the pin directly, but the stand came with the half moon mount and I cannot see any place it might bolt to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

If your stand was complete with that bracket, then it's an early model stand and WILL NOT fit the Pro-Link.

Dave

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

daves79x wrote:If your stand was complete with that bracket, then it's an early model stand and WILL NOT fit the Pro-Link.

Dave
Dave,
I sold him the center stand and it came from a school bike and I sent him that bracket by mistake. My bad. I sent him the right spring though with stand so he is good to go.

Terry

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”