Rear Turn Signal Removal

Keith64
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Rear Turn Signal Removal

Post by Keith64 »

Looking for advise on rear turn signal disassembly. One of mine has a crack and I'm taking it apart to epxoy it. The photo shows where I'm at nothing is moving easily and I don't want to force anything.
20181221_204138[1].jpg
From the parts diagram it looks like the signal bolt should slide out of the taillight bracket, then threads into the plastic housing / base? So slide it out then unthread from the plastic housing?

Any good ways to repair the cracks? I was thinking epoxy for plastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Rear Turn Signal Removal

Post by tevan »

It will slide out of the taillight bracket. I would not unscrew the big nut from the signal as most of the time it will be very tight and I think you will do more damage to signal. I would just epoxy the crack as is unless you want to replace the signal. Big $$$$$$$.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I think there are other period hondas signals that may work... a repo set of 4 sells for $140-150
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

You can get a set more reasonable from Louis at usedcbxparts@hotmail.com
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”