Tires

Lee D'Amico # 5587

Tires

Post by Lee D'Amico # 5587 »

last summer i purchased a set of irc tires duro tou RS well i put about 1000 miles on them and our winter hit stored the bike went to get inspection and both of them are weather checked and cracked last year the first rear had abulge in it after a 100 mile almost cut itself down on the swing arm they replaced it this year my friendly dealer says loks like armourall damage sorry you call irc i did not use armourall but had some lite coat of tire shine on them cant believe this irc is as we speak checking into the matter shuld this not go my way i will let you all know Lee :evil:

george g
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by george g »

Do you store it in a garage with a cement floor? I understand that the cement can draw the moisture from the rubber. I keep mine on the center stand with a thin piece of plywood underneath the front tire.
Later!

George.

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

irc

Post by broook »

I have used IRC tires on the rear of my 80 for the last 6-7 years. I bought 4 of them in a package deal. Apart from one slow leak I never had a problem with them. I also put the bike on the center stand with plywood under the tires when storing for the LONG WINTERS we have here on the rock.

I can usually get between 9-12000km out of them which is all I get out of Dunlops or bridgestone.

You must have hit on a bad batch.

Bob Brook

Newfoundland

ICOA # 2430

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”