Kosman widened CB1100F rear wheel

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jt »

onecool56 wrote: Do you know if any late model Honda rims will work with my set-up? I have a CB1100 front end already. Thanks for your help!

Jack

Hi Jack,

I'll add my $.02 worth. I think the best way to go is with modern rim. Have you though about using a CBR 600 F3 rear wheel and a CBR 600 F2 frt rim. The F3 rear rim is a 17"x5" frt F2 is 3.5x17. you will find a better selection of rubber in the 17" size. Although Metzlers has the MEZ2 & MEZ4 in 18". I don't know for sure, but I'll bet the CBR rims are a bunch lighter than the CB1100f rims wich is a big plus. Also the CBR 600F2 is the last year for frt wheel speedo.

From what I've read the CBR frt rim does not fit in the CB1100F forks very well has some clearance problems. Not saying it could not be made to fit. Will work fine in a CB900F (still 39mm legs) or probably 81/82 CBX forks, same lower legs as CB900F. And with a emulator in either of these forks would be as good or very close to the CB1100F forks. The 1100F forks are also very heavy. You want to try and get rid of as much unsprung weight as possible.

Go to www.cb1100f.net and check out this topic,

http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=For ... highlight=

I am working on installing a early set of 3 spoke CBR 600 rims to a project CBX. I am using these rims as they are already fitted to a revised VF750F swingarm I bought as a packaged and I like the 3 spoke wheel. And will be using a 95 CB1000 frt end (43mm tubes).

It will give me a 150 x17 on the rear and a 120x17 on the frt which should be fine for the stock motor and still give me nice size rear tire.
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

onecool56
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by onecool56 »

Thanks for the tips JT! I would love to see some pictures of your project if you have any to post. Here is the motor I built for my '81 project. Can't wait to fire it! Jack

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jt »

onecool56 wrote:Thanks for the tips JT! I would love to see some pictures of your project if you have any to post. Here is the motor I built for my '81 project. Can't wait to fire it! Jack

Jack, i do not have any pics, I've been trying to collect the parts as I find them. Hope to take the frame and have a few braces added and start working to get the frame painted soon.

That engine of yours is outstanding looking! What did you do to prep the engine before painting and what paint did you use?

Thanks
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

onecool56

Post by onecool56 »

JT, I used aircraft stripper and a 3-M pad to remove all of the black paint. It was very labor intensive and quite frankly, sucked! I would much rather paint an engine in pieces and assemble it then do it in one shot. I used the silver paint sold by CBXMAN as a match for the factory '79-'80 color. I believe TIMS's sell the same brand. It's just shake and shoot but goes on smooth. We will see how it holds up in the long run. I am also collecting parts for my '81 project. There are even a few Yamaha parts in the mix!

Jack

sixacross

Post by sixacross »

You guys wouuldn't know where a fellow might fiind a

57 2door post body would ya ?

I have an IROC TPI and disk brake third member.

Been thinking about an Art Morrison shoebox frame

with the vette steering as a starting point.

I would like to make my own " Project X "

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

sixacross wrote:You guys wouuldn't know where a fellow might fiind a

57 2door post body would ya ?

I have an IROC TPI and disk brake third member.

Been thinking about an Art Morrison shoebox frame

with the vette steering as a starting point.

I would like to make my own " Project X "

My project 57 2 door hrdtp and all the spares are for sale, let me know if your interested or want any details.

jb

onecool56

Post by onecool56 »

Hello Jeff,

Haven't heard from you in awhile. Sorry you have to give up the '57. I hated selling mine but I still have the '56 to tool around in! Have you thought anymore about selling one of your Kosman wheels? If you are still interested, please contact me. Thanks! Jack

onecool56@aol.com

onecool56

Kosman

Post by onecool56 »

Got my Kosman widened 1100F wheel fitted with a 170/60-ZR17 today. Plenty of room in my CalFab 2" over swingarm.

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”