Bent rear wheel

waterman
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Bent rear wheel

Post by waterman »

I have a stock 79 cbx, The rear wheel has a slight wobble when running on the center stand. Does anyone straighten these wheels, or is there a replacement?

Thanks Brent

Rich Pleines

Post by Rich Pleines »

Brent, Go to www.cbxman.com , They are great people and in addition to everything else offers the service you require. I copied the following off the web site

"CBXMan.com Wheel Straightening Program At CBXman.com just because your wheel is bent there is no need to replace it. We can straighten and if necessary repaint the wheels from any motorcycle.

The cost to straighten a wheel runs from $125 to $150 per wheel depending on the severity of the damage.

There is no charge for wheels that are so badly bent that they cannot be straightened. Turn around time runs from 2 to 4 weeks. Wheel painting is available at an extra cost. Tell us what you have in mind and we?ll quote you a price. Send us an email for information about our wheel straightening and repainting program."

Enjoy!

Rich

bobber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bobber »

Friend of mine, in St. Albert Alberta Canada, just had his rear rim straightened at CycleWorks in Edmonton. It had a WICKED :shock: wobble to it! Cost was $60 Cdn ( freebie in US dollars :D ) and it was done that afternoon while he waited for it.

Gentleman there says he sees LOTS of bent CBX rims due to incorrect tire pressure, espicially after the first spring ride.

Check around.... there should be places near you.

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Bent rear wheel

Post by fasterspider »

waterman wrote:I have a stock 79 cbx, The rear wheel has a slight wobble when running on the center stand. Does anyone straighten these wheels, or is there a replacement?

Thanks Brent
Hey there man, I am about to pull the rear wheel of my 79 X and sell it because it is an obsolete part being way too big in diameter and too narrow for a good tire.

I will sell the wheel for $100.00 plus shipping.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

waterman

Post by waterman »

Fasterspider, Sounds good! E mail me So we can talk.

waterman@sierratel.com

Thanks Brent

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

waterman wrote:Fasterspider, Sounds good! E mail me So we can talk.

waterman@sierratel.com

Thanks Brent
Email sent!!!
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”