Handlebars High/Low?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Handlebars High/Low?

Post by daves79x »

The 'quick' rise of the bar looks to be Interceptor - as Mike points out - were very common here in the states, at least.

Dave

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

Thanks for the info guys. The bushings that came with them will allow the fitting of early 35mm or late 39mm forks. They are for sale if anybody wants them. No idea what they are worth. Open to offers.

patzx12
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by patzx12 »

I upgraded the front on my 82 with CBF 41mm forks. I am using VFR handlebars, Very scarce due to all the Blackbird owners wanting them.
I made them wider to the same with of the CBX bars.
These bars give me a sport touring type of riding position which tucks me nicley into the fairing. A bit different from my daily adventure bikes.
Nice riding position and comfy during my big trip from Spain in 2016. (1200 miles in 18 hours)
I made up a 6mm plate to cover the top yoke and the pegs of the bars seat into milled pockets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I have installed a set of VF1000R 41mm forks in a CBX and I used the 39mm CBX clip-ons together with the 39mm Triple Tree all bored to 41mm. Works fine. There is enough meat in both the clip-ons and Triple to bore the additional 2mm on the diameter

patzx12
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by patzx12 »

I dug out a set of VF1000 bars (Euro model)
The upper are 35mm CBX
The lower are 41mm VF1000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The problem with running a 41mm front end in a CBX is not so much the handlebars, but the steering stem. If you want to use the original VF-R 41mm Triple Trees, the stem will not work and you will have to change it to the CBX stem. It was easier for me to bore the yokes and at the same time, I had the bars bored.

patzx12
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by patzx12 »

I have done a few front end conversions, I have an engineering workshop so I am in the fortunate position of being able to make a steering stem.
The front end i have on my 82 is:
Varadero 1000 wheels keeping a 19" front. (this Honda adventure bike was not sold in the US).
Varadero Tripples with a new stem.
CBF1000 forks, extended 2"
VFR800 handlebars.

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”