82 CBX Prolink swingarm adjusting nuts question

ezridermn
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

82 CBX Prolink swingarm adjusting nuts question

Post by ezridermn »

I am reassembling my 82 CBX after tearing it all down to the frame and powder coating the parts. I am in the process of installing the swingarm and I have a couple questions regarding the swingarm adjusting nuts. I have attached some pictures to help clarify the situation.

When I look at the schematic for the parts on cmsnl.com it shows that the right side is a large threaded nut part number 29. And on the left side there are two pieces, part numbers 30 and 33. On my bike both sides have the one piece theaded nut part number 29 and part numbers 30 and 33 were not on the bike. Do I need to source the missing parts or can I reinstall the the two number 29 nuts on both sides of the bike. If so do I just torque them to spec or is there an adjustment procedure I should be aware?

Thanks in advance for your help...once again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1982 Honda CBX

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: 82 CBX Prolink swingarm adjusting nuts question

Post by daves79x »

Not sure you will be able to correctly adjust the swing arm pivot without the correct parts. See the shop manual for details.

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”