Correct Engine Paint

sed213rr@gmail.com
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Correct Engine Paint

Post by sed213rr@gmail.com »

Where can I find correct color engine paint. I've restored my engine in the past, but I'd like to use correct shade silver paint this time.

The last paint I used was only a few Angstroms off, but I'm embarrassed to say who marketed it !

Pete, Highland MI

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Correct Engine Paint

Post by wyly »

sed213rr@gmail.com wrote:Where can I find correct color engine paint. I've restored my engine in the past, but I'd like to use correct shade silver paint this time.

The last paint I used was only a few Angstroms off, but I'm embarrassed to say who marketed it !

Pete, Highland MI
Dupli-color Silver/Met ...seems to be the preferred paint of choice on the forum...all paint fades so what do you have to compare to? are you parking beside a zero miles showroom model that's never seen sunlight?...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Correct Engine Paint

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Here's another option for you, Pete: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9881&start=105 Check the last entry on the page, from EMS.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”