Fairing gauges

Dave Jarvis

Fairing gauges

Post by Dave Jarvis »

Could anyone tel me what the two gauges are in the 1981 fairing??? The bike I'm looking at buying only has two holes where it looks like two gauges should be ............ also, are these gauges (whatever they might be) availible from Honda still, or am I further ahead to install aftermarket gauges.
Thanks for your help
Dave Jarvis

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

guages

Post by RIPPER »

Clock and altimeter I think were the 2 stock items you could purchase from Honda.They are not available from Honda and are VERY expensive if you find them on Ebay.You can put after market VDO or other guages in but it takes a little manuvering as the after market are slighly longer than the Honda units.I think John Mortensen has more detailed info on the addition.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Jeffrey Blanding
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

fairing gauges

Post by Jeffrey Blanding »

Ripper is correct, the gauges you could get were the Clock, Altimeter and Ambient (outside) Temperature.
The "CBX" gauges were RED like the speedo/tach. Also available in the same size were WHITE gauges; used in the GoldWings.

The 'typical' price for the RED gauges is around $250 EACH; and the WHITE gauges are about 50% less.

The fairing 'hole' plugs are still available from HONDA, for around $12.

I have a MINT set of the gauges, if you are interested; removed from a 3,000 mile '82 CBX.
Regards, Jeffrey

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”