oil cooler lines and orientation

nicholr
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

oil cooler lines and orientation

Post by nicholr »

Hi All,

This is a duhhhhh requests but then most of mine are. I have finally got back to 1980 after installing a new ignition kit. I have forgotten much of the dismantling and need a little guidance at re assembling her correctly. I know the owners manual shows hose and cable routing but it is a weird graphic so to follow I am hoping I can ask your help in getting a few good snaps of what I am working with. Here's my areas of concern:
I need to see the proper installing for the oil cooler (brackets and placement) and the routing for the oil cooler rubber feed lines thru the frame to the cooler.
I need to see the correct routing thru the frame for the clutch cable.
I need to see the correct routing for the throttle cables from the carbs, thru the frame to the handlebars.

If anyone has a few good photos of these items I would be very grateful. I know I should have photographed everything prior to dis assembly but I did not anticipate such a long time span between tear down and reassembly. Note to self .............

Many thanks
ron n

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: oil cooler lines and orientation

Post by Mouse »

If your up for a drive to Canmore you can have a look at my X :-)
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jt »

JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

nicholr
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by nicholr »

Thanks very much guys. This association is to be commended for the support they provide to owners and enthusiasts. This is my second Honda in 40 years (I restored a CT 90 last year). I have been an Italian bike guy for the last 15 years, Beemers for a couple decades prior to that and then had a crazy assortment of soup to nuts bikes. That said I have had 3 Suzuki rotary bikes for the last 20 years (now gone). This CBX is a very demanding bike with respect to assembly order. Lots of pieces that need to go back on in a very specific order. This is something that only experience and outside knowledge makes easier. Who knew that the air cleaner had to go on before the carbs, airbox and engine refit??? I very much appreciate the help.
I do have the factory '80 manual and thanks for the time you took to send it to me digitally. I'm a visual guy so for me seeing the stuff in the flesh (so to speak) works best. I am slowing myself down and poring over the diagrams intently As the bike gets closer to being fully reassembled, the routing for some of the lines and cables (with the aid of the manuals dotted line diagrams) are simply more logical (I hope). I want to do this right as after assembly, redos can be really painful in terms of implementation. The boys and girls from Honda had a reason to run them where they did and I want to copy that wherever possible.
I have a local buddy who has several B and C models in storage so I will take some coffee and donuts over to his house and steal a look at those bikes. Although I suspect they wont be identical, they still might provide some answers and confirmation for what I am doing. Mine now has an 81 front end on it, sacreledge I know but I wanted the more stout forks, the bigger ventilated rotors, the two piston calipers and the larger reservoir. This has happily not created any major plumbing or wiring issues as best I can tell.
Again guys, thank you very much. I'll post some snaps of this little jewel when I have her done.

best regards
Ron

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

No need to wait until is finished to post pics. As you say, a visual is a good thing.

Did you do the front end upgrade? Maybe share the details?

Return to “OILS: Specs, Opinions, Preferences, and more”