STARTER CLUTCH

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Are you guys sure the Mobil 1 V-twin was "designed to lubricate transmissions"? You are aware of the fact that in the "typical" American V-twin, motor oil never sees the inside of a transmission....

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

If you're going with synthetic go with AMSOIL. Designed for wet clutch applications with no friction reducers. Otherwise, any name brand motorcycle specific engine oil will do in the proper weight (10/40).
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

There's no shame in pushing a Hardley Ableson aroud the neighborhood - You see that nearly every day. Less athletic guys call triple A and they ride home on the back of a wrecker ;)

Glad you got it running

Don

ericfreeman
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ericfreeman »

twinegar wrote:I had to push my Sportster back up last spring and it wore me out and made me look like a fool in front of my neighbors........who already think the single, retired guy with bikes in almost every room of his house is a little strange anyway.
Hey, I'd be happy to have a bike in every room (2 Ironhead Sportsters, CBX and Trail 90) but I live on a boat!! Consider yourself lucky and forget about the neighbors: they're all jealous anyway!

Eric

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”