Drain hose under the motor

nwtk2007
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Drain hose under the motor

Post by nwtk2007 »

There's just the one hose. It had some oil dripping out of it. I'm not even sure if it's related to the failure to start.

hondaman160mph
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by hondaman160mph »

I drained the crankcase breather tank for the first time and was surprised to find less than a teaspoon of oil and it was as clear as fresh oil. 14,770 miles on the bike.

pistonbroke
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by pistonbroke »

If the carb vent tube is blocked - yes it will affect running and possibly starting - i know - i plugged that line accidentally and motor died at a traffic light 1 minute later !

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

A couple of things on that - plugging the drain tube from the carbs will do nothing to prevent running. On the '80-'82 carbs, with a functional vacuum valve, plugging the valve vent (also in the cluster under the right side) will shut off fuel flow. The third thing is the bowl vents. The bowls vent via two vent 'T's, one on each half bank of the carbs. The 6 inch vent hoses from those route on top of the air chamber and blocking those would be tough. Remember that this is on the relatively few CBXs that still have intact vent 'T's, Most have rotted and fallen off. The bowls vent just fine without them.

Dave

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”