Crankcase Breather Tube

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Crankcase Breather Tube

Post by Want2ride »

I am putting the engine back into my 1979 CBX and would like to change the breather tube between the crankcase and airbox. Its not quite gone but has some cracking. This is the small S-shaped tube. I have checked some of the usual suppliers but no luck. In reading posts I understand it's "NLA". Anyone recently have success in replacing one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

desertrefugee
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Crankcase Breather Tube

Post by desertrefugee »

Take the old one with you for comparison and visit your friendly neighborhood NAPA (or equivalent). If you're in their good graces - as I am around here - they might let you go back to the hose area and poke around. If you look hard enough and use some imagination, you'll find a suitable replacement. It might need trimming.
'86 VMax, ‘83 ZN1300-6, ‘78 GL1000, '75 750K

"The older I get, the more I understand. Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." - Anonymous

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Crankcase Breather Tube

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Side note: While I can't speak from direct experience with this part, I should think that a piece of proper diameter hose might be 'shaped' as desired with the help of a heat gun.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”