Neway valve seat cutters

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Neway valve seat cutters

Post by tevan »

Has anybody used a neway valve seat cutter for a cbx?

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Neway valve seat cutters

Post by Want2ride »

I just did a badly worn head with a Neway but haven't yet finished assembling the motor. Easy to use tool. A local friend of mine is a good career motorcycle mechanic and had the kit. He showed me how on one valve and I did the other 23 with his guidance. Just got thru adjusting the valves and the engine will go back in the next couple of weeks hopefully. The only picture I have is when I first pulled the head off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

Want2ride wrote:I just did a badly worn head with a Neway but haven't yet finished assembling the motor. Easy to use tool. A local friend of mine is a good career motorcycle mechanic and had the kit. He showed me how on one valve and I did the other 23 with his guidance. Just got thru adjusting the valves and the engine will go back in the next couple of weeks hopefully. The only picture I have is when I first pulled the head off.
Can you tell me which cutters you used?

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Want2ride »

We used the 230 and 269 cutters. I'm not sure what guide we used but the valve stem diameter is the same as the guide. If you can find a used kit somewhere like ebay with the sizes you need that's the way to go as these tools don't seem to wear out, I'm told. A quick search turned up one kit on ebay with one cutter (269) but not the more important one (230).

I am hoping on startup to have results like how much the valves will recede. My buddy says to expect about .001, so I have been adjusting to .005 -.003 and really wanted .005 -.004. I will only run the bike for 50 miles and recheck. Compression will also be tested but more like at 1000 miles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Want2ride
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Want2ride »

Another look at the cutters and kit.

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”