Shock

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Shock

Post by tazz »

hi all I'm new here I have a 81 cbx had his bike new git it in 81 she been with me ALL her LIVE. Ok the question my shock went south after 34yr. so I just got a new progressive 465 when I removed the old shock i see were the bolt goes to connect is wider on the top on the original and the new shock is narrow and the bottom also is there something missing here can any off you help and do you have any pic. on this thank all.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Shock

Post by daves79x »

Shock should be bolt-on is my recollection. Someone that's recently installed one may reply. My first impression is that they sent you the wrong shock.

Dave

Sharpie66
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Sharpie66 »

Hello Tazz. I own a 1982 and recently installed the Progressive 465 shock. It was absolutely a bolt-on and go application. Fitment was perfect and the original bolts worked just fine. I'll post you a pic when I get to my shop. BTW, I absolutely love how the bike feels with the new shock. Money well spent. :-)

Patrick
Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.

Sharpie66
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Sharpie66 »

Hi Tazz. I used a Progressive 465-1115 shock. Here is pic...hope it helps.
image.jpg
Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Thank all it looks like they send me the wrong ONE this one is for a Kaw. not the CBX. I'm try to send it back to Cycleplicity they are giving me a HARD time and want 15% restocking charge :evil: I will like to ask you guys i can get a stock shock with 0 mile on it from TIMS CBX want do you guys think is a better way to go stock or Progressive will like to know your Pro and Con on this two Diff. shock.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Get the correct Progressive shock - infinitely better than the stock one ever was.

Dave

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Sharpie66 the bottom num. on your pic.are they going the wrong way don't they go left to right on your pic they are going to the back tire.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Patrick: Hope you understand the question - I sure don't! Pardon me Tazz, but a little punctuation would help.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

It may say:

"The numbers on the bottom of your shock in the picture are going the wrong way. Don't they go left to right? In your picture they are facing the rear tire."

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

They guys how do you tranfer pictures in here. And yes I say in the bottom of the picture the number are face the wrong way? Don't they go left to right.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

If you are talking about the shock adjusting numbers - they are in a circle - what's left or right about them?

Dave

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

There are good tutorials here about posting pictures, but it's pretty much the same as other forums. If I can do it, anyone can!

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

tazz wrote:Hey guys, how do you tranfer pictures in here. .
The easiest way is, post a picture in the Gallery. Look at the right upper corner, between FAQ and Members.
Then copy and paste the Image Code into your post.

Here are detailed instructions:

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=5748

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

daves79x wrote:If you are talking about the shock adjusting numbers - they are in a circle - what's left or right about them?

Dave

I guess, you could call "clockwise" and "counter clockwise" also "left" or "right" :think:

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Code: Select all

[album]6536/album]
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1&image ... play=popup
Has you can all see in the picture the stock shock top and bottom is wirer than the Progressive shock does the part to make up the diffrence come with the kit if not what did you guy do to make it work, And had any off you very order from Cycleplicity that's who i Order my shocks and they send the wrong ones they send 465-1155 and I need 465-1115. I send it back i hope they don't give me a hard time to exchange it.
Last edited by tazz on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”