Shock

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Shock

Post by EMS »

Under the picture is a field with the "Image BBC code" if you copy and paste this into your post, it shows like this:

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Help here EMS not working for me or I don't get it

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

tazz wrote:Help here EMS not working for me or I don't get it
It worked for me, should work for you.

- Go back to the gallery where you posted the picture and open it.
- Look for a small window below the picture that says "Image BBC Code". It is a 4-digit number between [album] [/album ]
Copy that and paste it into your post. You can also type it in your post: [album]abcd[\album]

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Code: Select all

[album]6536[/album]
EMS is not working for me It must be cause I'm UPTIGHT with CYCLEPLICITY they send me 465-1151 and I need 465-1115 they are giving me a HARD time on a return and refund. I don't think I with ever order from then again they have $500.00 of my money and I have nothing. Also maybe someone here has a better pictures on their installation cause the stock shock top and bottom is wider than the progressive shocks? I don't know if the difference come in the kit or you have to buy think to came the difference.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

It does work for you. You are not anybody special. Do you know how to "copy and paste"??

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Whether you ordered the wrong part or they sent the wrong part, they have to make the exchange for you. If they have proof you ordered the wrong number, I suppose they could surcharge you, but the part you need is a whole different shock that exactly matches the configuration of the stock shock. There is no 'kit' to adapt the one you have.

Dave

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I installed mine late in 2013. It is as Dave said: no adapters, etc. Top and bottom look like the stock unit. The top slipped in with probably 0.1mm clearance. The bottom required a few taps with a plastic hammer -- not very aggressive taps. Someone certainly did wrong, here. I realize this note might not be much help. Just wanted to confirm what Dave said by adding someone else experience. It is a worthwhile change.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Sharpie66
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Sharpie66 »

Hi Tazz. I hope they get this straightened out for you. Having put 12,000 miles on the OEM shock and now 4,000 miles on the Progressive, I can absolutely confirm what everybody is saying here about upgrading. The difference is remarkable both solo and two up. The roads here in New York state are brutal and the Progressive shock has almost made it like I'm riding on dreamy California Highways....

I will second what Larry said too....about 0.1mm clearance at the top and a couple taps with the rubber mallet on the bottom is all it took. Soon I will be ordering another Progressive shock for my second CBX.

Patrick
Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Hi All I was able to get CYCLEPLICITY to give me a full refund (I guess we see monday went I call the credit card again.) Any way I order it again this time I made sure that the # was right 645-1115 it will be here on monday. :laughing-rollingyellow:

tazz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by tazz »

Hi All; Got the Shock today instant it had a little problem with the bottom had to file-it so it will fit right it was too wide. I let it at num# 3 and the way they send it from the manufacture i notice it sets a littler higher then the stock shock and stiffer.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

The collars or what ever connecting points are called are adjustable. I had to adjust it on mine so it would fit on the bottom, no need to file down anything.
I hope you like it, it's a major improvement!
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”