'82 single side swing arm:

petcelman
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

'82 single side swing arm:

Post by petcelman »

I have seen the single sided swing arm on the early CBX's. Is there one that will fit my 1982? There is approx 9 3/4" inside the frame. I can make spacers and bushings as needed but the swing arms I have seen are too wide.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: '82 single side swing arm:

Post by EMS »

The inside of the frame on the 81/82 is basically the same as on the early models. VFR and Ducati single sided swingarms can be installed. Question is, why you want to change to a single sided swingarm. You will not improve handling. It is just a conversation piece.

petcelman
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by petcelman »

I know it won't really improve things other than aesthetics and ease of rear tire change. I really like the look. I'm really not a CBX purist so what the heck. I have a Kerker 6 into 1 exhaust system already. I like the look otherwise so next year when I do the motor, that will be all I want to do. When I do the motor I want to go a little crazy. Maybe a turbo, maybe not but I'm looking for 150 HP. I figure with the right carbs, cams, pistons etc that shouldn't be hard to achieve. In my youth I did a lot of engine porting and flow testing so I can gain some that way as well. Since I stopped working and now have the time, I'm having fun making it all work well together. I'm even considering doing a frame adapter to get 2-3 inches of additional wheel base. Maybe not. I'm going to try a few things. What year/model VFR will work. Bill at Tims told me that a Honda 650 Hawk single sided swing arm will also work. Thanks.

Spoke
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Spoke »

Is there a thread on a VFR single sided being fitted ?
Just to know which year/model doner VFR is needed, and a run through of fitting?

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”