How does my CBX handle you ask?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Mike Barone #123 wrote:[ Every CBXer that put 39mm forks on an early model CBX did not have the handling, weaving or wobbling issues at speed after that. Not a coincidence.
Incorrect! I had a Prolink front end in an early CBX and I will never do it again. I am still of the opinion that the triple tree was changed in a way that the trail will become dangerously short. But it seems I am all alone with that, so let's not argue about it anymore.

The point I was making was, that Honda did not have a 39mm fork to put in the 1978 CBX as an option over a 35mm. (And they chose the 35 to save weight...) There was no 39mm. As there was no 41mm at that time.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

EMS wrote:
Mike Barone #123 wrote:[ Every CBXer that put 39mm forks on an early model CBX did not have the handling, weaving or wobbling issues at speed after that. Not a coincidence.

Incorrect! I had a Prolink front end in an early CBX and I will never do it again. I am still of the opinion that the triple tree was changed in a way that the trail will become dangerously short. But it seems I am all alone with that, so let's not argue about it anymore.

The point I was making was, that Honda did not have a 39mm fork to put in the 1978 CBX as an option over a 35mm. (And they chose the 35 to save weight...) There was no 39mm. As there was no 41mm at that time.

I adjusted my original post on the 9 things that did not work and the one that did to state 1100f triple trees were used in my install. Additionally I noted your issue witih the late model triple trees so another CBXer wont have this issue.

Every CBXer I know that put 39mm forks with 1100f triple trees on an early model CBX did not have the handling, weaving or wobbling issues at speed after that. Not a coincidence
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”