Front End Wobble on Prolink

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Thanks all. I emailed ProSus asking them how I could check the pressure (150psi) and all they told me was they could rebuild the unit if I send it to them and the price would depend on what they have to rebuild...so I emailed them again, thanking them for what info they gave me (almost nothing) and asking again, how I may be able to check the nitrogen level. :roll:

Mike, the wobble has been there since I got the bike but has gotten worse as the miles add up. I've (felt) that the rear shock has been going away for some time now (which may account for the early tire wear on my rear tire last summer?) but have no way to check its pressure. Hopefully, ProSus will finally answer my question. I'll keep Klaus in mind.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I found a shop nearby that can recharge the ProSus unit in the rear so I'll have that done and see what it solves.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Don't forget to check the cheap & easy stuff first Terry before you buy a Moto Martin frame... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

For what it's worth: I run the stock shock in my Prolink. And as I said I mostly ride this bike two-up. I never had a front wheel wobble and I know, I have been running the stock shock on low air pressure before.
And talking about Don't forget to check the cheap & easy stuff first , Terry, check the axle caps and whether they are tightened properly.

rbarber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rbarber »

Not that it addresses the problem but it could help the symptoms: has anybody ever tried a steering damper on the CBX?

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

rbarber wrote:Not that it addresses the problem but it could help the symptoms: has anybody ever tried a steering damper on the CBX?
A few guys have & I am fitting one ( finally) over the winter.... 8)
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Well I think I got it fixed. I'll know more when I can find a few high speed sweepers to try it out :lol: Its so frikkin cold today I may wait until tomorrow. The rear ProSus unit was empty. Added 150 psi of nitro and it not only lifts onto the center stand easier but it actually works like a real shock absorber now. Don't know why it was empty? On the roads I did try it out, at 80+ I got no wobble like before. Hopefully that was the problem. Will report soon after I really test it. There are some nice sweepers a few miles away...maybe later or tomorrow.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Gnus Terry.... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Thats a good and realtively easy repair (as long as the shock holds the N2 now).
Terry wrote:Its so frikkin cold today I may wait until tomorrow.
Just wanted to mention that I've shoveled snow 2 times already today. :cry:

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”