Koni Shocks??

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Koni Shocks??

Post by Don »

Are the Koni adjustable shocks for the '79's still available?

My newly purchased bike came with a pair of them, and I was wondering how rare they are, and if they could be replaced, should I wear them out?

Thanks,

Don

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Koni

Post by EMS »

Koni-originally a Dutch company-went out of business a while ago. To my knowledge the adjustable shocks were not picked up by somebody else. :( You may find them, though, as old stock parts occasionally.

Dave Hansen
Power Poster
Power Poster

shocks

Post by Dave Hansen »

Works performance makes a shock for the CBX. You can call them up and they will customize the shocks for your riding style, weight,ect... I have a pair on my 79 and I'm real happy with them. :D

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

Last edited by sr71cbx on Tue May 18, 2004 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Just read in Motorcycle Mechanics magazine that an Australian company has started making Koni shocks again,even have the same part #s.It's called Ikon (no joke).
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

mike brown barone

Koni Shocks

Post by mike brown barone »

i would stay away from the original koni shocks simply because the 1100f shocks are far better econo replacements for the early model cbx and generally available used at a reasonable cost

they also offer compression, rebound and spring adjustment which is important to fine tune the cbx to it full potential

they also have a near stock oem look which some people value

the koni had a rough ride and the adjustments really did not translate into much change.

like all shocks made 20 years ago 1100f has an abrupt hit over sharp bumps but thats the only minus

for what is worth here are my ratings of the econo cbx shocks i have used on my 80 over the years

(best = 10)

stock = 2
progressive as mfg in early 80s = -23
koni = 5
1100f = 9

summary: the 1100f shock is better used than any of the others mentioned above new

e me on q

mike barone
team222....way 2 old, fat and slow

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”