Part # for Stem Bearings, and...

windswept6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: In them thar hills- somewhere between Enon, Yellow Springs,and Springfield

Part # for Stem Bearings, and...

Post by windswept6 »

So I have misplaced ( lost) the fork stem bearings for my '82 ProLink bike, as well as what appears to be ( cause I don't remember) a retainer of some kind.

I have searched the forums here as well as my CBX manual- AND the internet for an exploded view without results.

Does anyone know the part # for the upper / lower stem bearings, as well as what the pictured "Retainer" is ( see attached photo)? And where/if I can find one?

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Part # for Stem Bearings, and...

Post by daves79x »

Here you go:

Upper steering bearing - #91015-425-831
Grease Holder - #53223-371-010
Lower bearing - #91016-371-000

All available from your Honda dealer. I would suggest installing both new bearings.

These are the late model part numbers. It appears, and others have said, that the upper steering bearing for the '79 (different part #) is NLA from Honda and it was always a proprietary bearing with an odd ID, not available elsewhere. Anyone find another source?

Dave

windswept6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: In them thar hills- somewhere between Enon, Yellow Springs,and Springfield

Re: Part # for Stem Bearings, and...

Post by windswept6 »

daves79x wrote:Here you go:

Upper steering bearing - #91015-425-831
Grease Holder - #53223-371-010
Lower bearing - #91016-371-000

All available from your Honda dealer. I would suggest installing both new bearings.

These are the late model part numbers. It appears, and others have said, that the upper steering bearing for the '79 (different part #) is NLA from Honda and it was always a proprietary bearing with an odd ID, not available elsewhere. Anyone find another source?

Dave
Thank you!!

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”